Gmail notifications not working

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

After the recent updates, my notifications are no longer working on my S10+. I have a personal Gmail and a work Gmail and neither of them notify when new email comes in. Any suggestions?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Any power-saving modes or 3rd party battery-saver or "RAM booster" apps installed?

You can also try turning off Battery Optimization for the Gmail app in the system settings.

KkristeenE

Jul 20, 2021
Visit site
None of the above ideas helped. To resolve, I ended up factory resetting my phone and all is good. Thanks for the suggestions.

I have been dealing with this same problem for months. I just said yesterday that I'll have to factory reset my phone. I was hoping not to do that. I'd like to know how long has it been since you reset your phone and have you been getting Gmail notifications the entire time?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have been dealing with this same problem for months. I just said yesterday that I'll have to factory reset my phone. I was hoping not to do that. I'd like to know how long has it been since you reset your phone and have you been getting Gmail notifications the entire time?
Hi, welcome to AC!
Have you tried factory reset?