Microphone problem on phone

barryman99

Mar 22, 2020
Visit site
I have a peculiar problem just happened with the microphone on my Android phone (a Doogee N10) running Android v.8). It is not picking up my voice. If I use a sound recording app and I speak, nothing happens. But if I then blow into the mic then the sound registers and I can hear the blowing, but not the voice, on playback of the sound file. This makes me think it's not the mic that's broken but maybe a setting that, so far, I cannot find.

Also, the voice to text (microphone icon) on other apps like keyboard, browser etc is not working either.

So, before I take the drastic and unwanted step of doing a factory reset, does anyone have any answers to this strange problem ??? Obviously, I have tried all the simple checks like cleaning mic holes etc. but makes no difference.

Any advice will be much appreciated.

Last edited by a moderator:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Keep in mind that speakerphone, sound recorders, and many other apps like that use the secondary mic (at the top of the phone). The primary mic (at the bottom of the phone) is typically used for standard phone calls.

Try recording a video that has prominent sound, and then watch the video with headphones. Do you hear sound coming from both channels, or only one? If it's only one, then your secondary mic is either blocked or faulty.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance