I am trying to add a new appointment to my calendar on my Galaxy S20. When I click save nothing happens. Recently my computer hard drive crashed and I had to reload everything, including Outlook. Could this have something to do with it? SmartSync is working fine. But it's not very convenient to add things to my computer and have to sync.
    06-28-2021 09:13 AM
    Welcome to Android Central. Please create account to communicate here on the site.

Your hard drive issue shouldn't affect something local on your device. I could see if you had issues syncing or something but local saves wouldn't be affected. You should clear there cache and force stop your calendar app and test if you're able to save then. If you still have issues after that I'd clear there data for the app, which will involve signing in again which should sync everything but shouldn't cause any data loss.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others reply please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    06-28-2021 09:37 AM
    Try clearing data and force stop the calendar app.
    06-28-2021 09:58 AM
    I have an account. Just couldn't figure out where to sign in. I cleared the cache and forced stop. When I click to clear the data it says I will lose everything.
    06-28-2021 10:29 AM
    I have an account. Just couldn't figure out where to sign in. I cleared the cache and forced stop. When I click to clear the data it says I will lose everything.
    It will repopulate if you have syn on
    06-28-2021 10:33 AM
    It will repopulate if you have syn on
    Where does it sync?
    06-28-2021 10:41 AM
    Where does it sync?
    Samsung account
    06-28-2021 10:45 AM
    Samsung account
    I don't see any data for my calendar in my Samsung account and my phone tells me it does not support Samsung cloud.
    06-28-2021 10:58 AM
    I don't see any data for my calendar in my Samsung account and my phone tells me it does not support Samsung cloud.
    If you look under account and backup and choose restore and tap.app data calendar is under it , my screenshot to show you My samsung calendar will not save an entry-screenshot_20210628-120212_samsung-20cloud.jpg
    06-28-2021 11:03 AM
    I'll give it a go. But I'll back up to Smart Switch first just in case.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    06-28-2021 11:14 AM
    I'll give it a go. But I'll back up to Smart Switch first just in case.
    Yeah definitely
    06-28-2021 11:15 AM
    Smart Switch is saying my calendar has no data and wasn't backed up. I'm very nervous about deleting my data.
    06-28-2021 11:28 AM
    Smart Switch is saying my calendar has no data and wasn't backed up. I'm very nervous about deleting my data.
    Understand , but if it has a glitch it will need this step regardless can save or not . Its up to you!
    06-28-2021 11:42 AM
    When you try to add an event, what calendar accounts do you have as options? There's typically My Calendars (which is in the My Phone account, and is only locally stored, and not synced anywhere), Samsung Calendar (which syncs to your Samsung account), and all of your Google account calendars (which are the ones that have your Gmail account listed under it).
    06-28-2021 12:06 PM
    When you try to add an event, what calendar accounts do you have as options? There's typically My Calendars (which is in the My Phone account, and is only locally stored, and not synced anywhere), Samsung Calendar (which syncs to your Samsung account), and all of your Google account calendars (which are the ones that have your Gmail account listed under it).
    When I add an event it doesn't ask for that information so I don't know where my calendar is stored. I sync my calendar via Smart Switch to Outlook calendar. On my phone calendar settings under "my phone" I have Outlook calendar clicked. I just now clicked Samsung calendar. I don't use my gmail account or calendar to speak of.
    06-28-2021 12:34 PM
    It won't ask you specifically. In the Event entry screen, it should be right between the Location and the Reminder options. Tap it, and you should see all of your available calendars.

Also, are you able to remove the Outlook account and then add it back again?
    06-28-2021 12:59 PM