I want to put finger print in the screen without pin but I don't know hw
    06-29-2021 01:47 PM
    I wouldn't. There are times my phone doesn't 'like' my finger and I need a PIN to unlock it. Additionally - new phones are shipping with encryption enabled, in order to unlock the encryption initially after a reboot you need to enter a PIN, a fingerprint isn't good enough.

Also - in some cases law enforcement can't ask you to provide a PIN as doing so would violate your 5th amendment rights (in the US) but asking to provide a fingerprint to unlock a device HAS been allowed so using the feature to secure your phone prior to LE interaction is MORE secure by nature of having a PIN.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    06-29-2021 02:10 PM
    If it could be done, you would be locked out temporarily or permanently, if for any reason you could not use fingerprint. Do you want that?
    Laura Knotek and B. Diddy like this.
    06-29-2021 02:21 PM
    Depending on the phone you're required to still use a pin with the fingerprint for security reasons, you can't bypass it.
    06-29-2021 05:14 PM
    I've yet to see a phone that would allow you to set up a fingerprint only lock due to the reasons mentioned already. If you are concerned with forgetting it, most (maybe all?) current phones now force you to unlock with your backup pin every few days or so as a not so gentle way of helping you remember it. If that isn't enough, then either write the pin down and store it some place secure, or set it to only use a PIN to unlock so you always use and know it (muscle memory may even kick in if you do still forget it).

And if none of that is feasible to you, then I recommend no lock screen at all, and never store anything you want private on the phone. Security is serious business when it comes to electronics, and necessarily means a trade-off with convenience. I also hope you remember your Google account login info associated with the phone. If it is ever improperly factory reset, you'll be required to enter that during the next setup to prove ownership, and there is no way to bypass that.
    06-29-2021 05:43 PM
    not going to happen.

a couple of years ago, I got some superglue on my fingers and would have been locked out without the pin. You never know what could happen.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-2021 12:17 AM
    Depending on the phone you're required to still use a pin with the fingerprint for security reasons, you can't bypass it.
    I was going to say - I didn't think that was even an option. I thought you had to for sure have a PIN as back-up and then add additional security.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    06-30-2021 07:55 AM