how to find out how much space each app is taking in internal memory

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I use AppMgr III (formerlly App 2 sd) to move most of my app's to my SD card but I just found out that that only moves part of the app so now I'd like to know how much space on the internal storage each app is taking because despite moving all the app's that can be moved my internal storage is running real low on space but my SD card still has lots of free space so I'd like to find out how to tell how much internal storage each of the moved app's is still taking up

ManiacJoe

Trusted Member
Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
The phones Settings app should tell you about the storage use for each app in the app's properties.

For current apps, many that use lots of storage (games, camera, maps, GPS), many now have setting to let you pick SD vs internal for the data storage. Check the settings menu in each of the apps.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
The phones Settings app should tell you about the storage use for each app in the app's properties.

For current apps, many that use lots of storage (games, camera, maps, GPS), many now have setting to let you pick SD vs internal for the data storage. Check the settings menu in each of the apps.
I agree , also they can long press each app then tap info and see how much space also .

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? The old way of moving an app to the SD card never moved the whole app -- it was only a portion of the app, and most times just a small portion at that. If you have a somewhat newer phone that has Adoptable Storage (i.e., being able to format the card as Internal Storage) then you can use the card for app installation, but this is generally inadvisable as already mentioned by mustang7757 above.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech