I am using nokia 6.1 plus its vibration stopped working 2 months ago and then suddenly ut started vibrating when i was typing and then i thought it should vibrate when a call comes but it didnt...so i restart my phone and then again it stopped working even when i was typing....so back to the condition again when vibration has stopped.
    07-10-2021 02:55 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Does it keep happening in Safe Mode as well? https://www.hardreset.info/devices/n...lus/safe-mode/

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-10-2021 03:04 AM
    While the device is 3 years old that doesn't seem old enough for the haptic motor to have failed which brings up some other questions.

Has the phone taken a fall? It may not have even been near the time this started but any that you can recall before it started. If it has taken a fall more recently does that fall correspond at all with its return?

Curious if you took it out right now and tried it by typing something what would happen if you tapped it in your hand, like a solid thump against your palm? If it was working does this cause it to stop? Or if it was not working does this bring it back to life? (I'm picturing you holding it on its edge and striking your palm like a karate chop, and maybe trying from each angle once and testing in between.) This seems like the most possible thing to me since it died then came back then died again. It's like there's something in there not letting it spin.

Has the device experienced any wetness, even if it didn't appear to interrupt the function of the device?

Moisture is something that can be gradual or abrupt. Usually if it is abrupt you know what happened, when and why. Often if it gradual you may not experience anything for hours or days. That little bit of water creeping its way slowly into that one thing you finally notice.

I still think there's something in there vs water but hey you tell us.
    07-10-2021 06:19 AM
    I am using nokia 6.1 plus its vibration stopped working 2 months ago and then suddenly ut started vibrating when i was typing and then i thought it should vibrate when a call comes but it didnt...so i restart my phone and then again it stopped working even when i was typing....so back to the condition again when vibration has stopped.
    The option to have the phone vibrate when receiving a call is a separate option than typing vibration.
    Verify you have the Phone app vibration ticked on for calls. Good luck
    07-10-2021 06:26 PM