Android 11 Motorola G50 - Screen doesn't stay off during phone calls

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi,

Whenever I'm in a call the screen obviously goes black when I put the phone to my ear but every single time I want to hang up the phone isn't on the call anymore.
What happens is hotspot has been turned on or/and the clock app is opened.
As it was always those two my first instinct was to check their settings but couldn't find anything.
However another possibility is that my ear is touching the screen and doing this. Granted it's a bit weird that it's always those two but the clock app is about the same position on my home screen than the hotspot button when the top bar is rolled down so it still seemed more likely.
So I checked every Android settings, from Display to Lock Screen to Accessibility but still couldn't find anything.

Any idea how to fix this ?
Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
When you remove the phone from your ear its still black the screen? Do you use a case or screen protector that be blocking the proximity sensor?

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you're on a call, do you habitually move the phone away from your ear intermittently? That might cause the screen to briefly wake, and give it enough time for an accidental screen touch.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1