Is there someone tapping into my cellphone close by?
    07-15-2021 09:07 AM
    Which device?
    Just because its not working doesn't mean someone in your phone , try clearing data then force stop it.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    07-15-2021 11:34 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you saying your Google Maps is working when it shouldn't be? Why would that have anything to do with someone tapping into your phone?
    07-15-2021 12:15 PM
    Well, yeah. Google is always tapped into its Google Maps app on your phone as long as there's online connectivity. Google's online servers provide regional maps to be displayed on your phone (download) and then there's the whole data mining aspect where Google is collecting and tracking your Google Map usage (upload).
    If you use the Google Maps app, that's a given -- you can delve in the app's Settings menu and disable some but not all of the personal data collection options but this can also affect useful features (i.e. disable saving commonly used routes will result in you having to manually enter locations each time).
    If you don't use the Google Maps app at all, it's most likely a preinstalled, system-level app so you can't readily uninstall it. Try going into your Settings >> Apps menu, find and open the Google Maps app entry, tap on Force stop, then find and tap on the Clear data button, then the Disable button. This will clear any of the app's saved data, its cache, and its settings/config data, and stop the app from running in the background. If you later decide you do want or need to use the Google Maps app though, just Enable it again. (and if you had previously made any changes to the defaults, you'll need to renter those as well.)
    07-15-2021 02:29 PM