I have an Android phone, shot a video, wanted to email it, but it was too large, so it asked me if I wanted to resize it, I said yes, but unfortunately what it resized it to doesn't have all of the crucial information in it...how do I undo the change and get the original video back?
    07-20-2021 01:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone, and which email app? I would guess that the app wouldn't have irreversibly edited your original video file. Use your gallery app or file manager app to look at the video file (if you're using a file manager, look in /DCIM/Camera). Is the video file there, and is it the original resolution?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-20-2021 01:54 PM
    Chances are, the email app didn't change the original video, but made a compressed copy to send. Email providers usually have size limits in place that prevent sending original quality video, and there isn't a way to increase it (unless of provides it as part of a paid option?). Your best work around would be to upload the video to a file sharing site like Dropbox, then email the other person a link to the file to download.
    07-20-2021 05:51 PM
    I think that the app damaged the video. next time if you want to edit a video don't be lazy and use good video editing programs. For example, I can't send videos in the format my phone records and I convert them safely with verified apps.
    07-27-2021 08:21 AM
    Are you using a PC for this? Can you please name the app you are using
    07-27-2021 10:02 AM
    Hi there. I send the video to the cloud and edit it properly from my notebook. I don't really believe in video converters from the play market. I really can see that they make the quality worse. I use MacBook with mac os, but there is the windows version of the program as well. Here is the link https://www.movavi.com/videoconverter/
    07-27-2021 10:08 AM
    Alternatively - upload to a location (NAS, cloud, etc) from which the video can be shared, then send the link for the recipient to download and watch the video at full resolution.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-27-2021 11:28 AM