So I recently bought a Samsung 20 FE and its unlocked and doesn't have a sim card. I'm upgrading from a S6(Huge improvement!). I decided to go with mint mobile and they are sending me a sim card within 1-2 weeks. I'm not really sure how sim cards work but can I use my old sim card and insert it on my new phone as temporarily? or will the phone lock it to my old carrier(straight talk) once I do? Or should I just keep using my old phone just to be on the safe side.
    07-21-2021 06:19 PM
    A SIM card just contains your user account authentication to your chosen carrier. If your user account with Straight Talk is still active you 'should' still be able to get cellular connectivity. If your account has expired, no cellular service will be available until you insert that Mint Mobile SIM.

It should be just a matter of installing that Mint Mobile SIM card and your phone might auto-configure itself to use the Mint's cellular service and you don't need to do anything more. But it's just as likely you might have to reconfigure things manually. Follow these instructions from Mint Mobile's site on how to set up a new APN entry with the necessary Mint options:
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=wqQYntlL
    07-21-2021 08:04 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I recall that some carriers (like T-Mobile) could actually lock an unlocked phone to the carrier if you activate one of their SIMS in the phone. But I don't think that happens with Straight Talk.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-21-2021 08:13 PM
    So I recently bought a Samsung 20 FE and its unlocked and doesn't have a sim card. I'm upgrading from a S6(Huge improvement!). I decided to go with mint mobile and they are sending me a sim card within 1-2 weeks. I'm not really sure how sim cards work but can I use my old sim card and insert it on my new phone as temporarily? or will the phone lock it to my old carrier(straight talk) once I do? Or should I just keep using my old phone just to be on the safe side.
    You can use your old sim in the new device its unlocked .
    07-21-2021 08:56 PM