It used to charge till full for 4hours but nowadays it takes almost 20hours
    07-25-2021 10:01 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device? How old is it? A failing battery can take longer to charge.

Also, have you tried different charging cables/plugs?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-25-2021 10:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central.

It sounds like you may need some new charging equipment. We'd need more information to know for sure. Typically concerns for the health of the device or its battery come in when the device charges faster than normal or the battery runs out quickly. Slow charging on the other hand is usually a result of things like a poorly connected cable or an old charging brick. I would recommend trying a different cable and charging brick. Since it is usually the cable that goes bad and they are often less expensive than the brick you might want to try a new cable first.

There are other things that can affect charging. A dirty charging port can cause issues by not allowing the plug to fully seat in the port. So make sure your charging port is clean and free of debris. Using a flashlight or being in a well lit area should allow you to look down in the port to verify that it is clean and clear. It is surprisingly easy to get lint and other debris in these openings. Another common issue that can affect charging is a damaged charging port. Using the device a lot while plugged in can increase the chances of port damage. It isn't bad per se but using the device while plugged in leads to picking up the phone by the cable, using the cable/plug as a handle etc. etc. The likely hood is also affected by the type of port, micro vs. USB-C...

I didn't mention the charging source because the way the post was worded, one would assume that everything is the same as it has been. Changing from using a brick to using a PC or laptop will affect the charging time. So would using an external battery or car charger.

What device do you have?

Have you tried changing anything, cable, brick, powered on vs. off?

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments, please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html

Long winded again.
    07-25-2021 10:33 PM
    We need to know what device to see if 4 hours charging is normal
    07-25-2021 10:35 PM