Can applying theme slow dowm my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I applied a theme that i downloaded from samsung theme in my m51 ,can this make my phone slow down or will it affect my phone ?

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm not exactly sure if a theme (which has fonts, icon pack, wallpapers) will truly slow down your phone all that much. You can always go to your Battery stats in Settings and monitor how your battery operates after having the theme installed. I don't really think it would have a significant effect - but that's just my opinion!

Please consider making an account with us here on Android Central, so you can respond to your thread and we can better assist you! Here is the link to get you started!

https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I would tend to agree that changing wallpapers, fonts, icons and the like would have little affect on the phone's performance. Perhaps there might be some effect if the theme had an animated wallpaper, maybe. Even at that the processing power needed to animate a wallpaper would have to be taxing a nearly maxed processor. Besides that I really can't think of any other way a theme could affect performance. I could imagine a theme taxing the battery a little more. If you were used to the life you were seeing running all dark themes and then using a theme that was bright or that had an animated wallpaper, one might notice some difference in battery life.

Are you asking because you feel like the device is running slower after trying a theme? I ask because if so, could it be that you're paying closer attention to the device after the theme change? It may be a perception thing, just because you're paying attention now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2