Huawei Mate 10 pro restarts alone when below 50%

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

SoI had my battery changed in June and when I pick it up in the begin of July they told me to charge to 100% and use till more or less 20%/10% and charge again. Ok, everything was fine, the first week I noticed that he was starting doing this below 20% But since the battery was low I didn't thought of it.

We went on vacation and I started to use the cellphone more, one day or the other I notice the restart but again didn't think much of it since was occasional.

Since 3/4 days everytime the battery gets to 50% it restarts alone... like every 2 min.

I enter in safe mode to check if it was any app... but it still happened

So I cleaned the cache and still the same thing.

The funny thing is:
If I go and put him charging, it stops happening.
If the battery if over 50% it doesnt happen

I am not sure if is the battery because is a new one. Since he was down for a month a thought of updates, maybe something didnt update right...

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central.

First and foremost I personally would take it back to the repair place and inform them of the issue. I would imagine there being some kind of warranty, 15 - 30 days for the work performed and possibly longer for the battery itself.

Since you've already done the most obvious troubleshooting items, Safe Mode, Partition Cache Wipe, everything appears to point to an issue with the device and not being caused by external factors. You could go on the Play Store to get a battery health app to try and analyze if the battery is good/OK even though this won't solve your issue it may offer support to your argument to the repair shop. Otherwise you could take it in when below 50% and show them the issue.

I wish I could tell you more. Perhaps one of our other members will have other ideas.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments, please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community-new-post.html

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I would also wonder about the battery being faulty or a lot less new than they claimed it to be. Try installing Accubattery and check the battery health after a couple of charge cycles. If it's <85%, it's not good.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
SoI had my battery changed in June and when I pick it up in the begin of July they told me to charge to 100% and use till more or less 20%/10% and charge again. Ok, everything was fine, the first week I noticed that he was starting doing this below 20% But since the battery was low I didn't thought of it.

We went on vacation and I started to use the cellphone more, one day or the other I notice the restart but again didn't think much of it since was occasional.

Since 3/4 days everytime the battery gets to 50% it restarts alone... like every 2 min.

I enter in safe mode to check if it was any app... but it still happened

So I cleaned the cache and still the same thing.

The funny thing is:
If I go and put him charging, it stops happening.
If the battery if over 50% it doesnt happen

I am not sure if is the battery because is a new one. Since he was down for a month a thought of updates, maybe something didnt update right...

That's a bad battery issue.... sounds like you didn't get a new or quality battery replacement. If there's some kind of warranty on the battery replacement take it back and make them fix it right.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781