Camera app is missing in Settings->Apps

elzach

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Android 5.1

To clarify, the Camera icon is on the home screen and the camera works fine. It's just the app itself is missing in Apps->All.

I wanted to check it (data, cache) because after an install-uninstall of an app (Viber) it started depleting my battery fast.

This Viber app also did something and after my phone switches off because of a dead battery, on startup Android starts "optimizing app x of x apps".

elzach

Jul 27, 2021
Visit site
Thank you. I just saw your reply, is there a way to have notification sent to email address?

It's an "esoteric" brand, Beleci by Macate, but I don't think this makes any difference. Android 5.1 doesn't have "show system". All the system apps are listed under "All", except "Camera" in my case.

This is a separate issue, but every time my phone switches off on a depleted battery, on startup it starts "optimizing apps" for 40 minutes(!).

Obviously the issue is complicated. The camera depletes the battery in seconds, even though on mobile data plus hotspot it can last up to 12 hours. So I know the battery is still ok.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Show us a screenshot of the Settings>Apps menu: http://forums.androidcentral.com/ge...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

Try also booting into Safe Mode. On most Android devices, while powered on, press and hold Power until the Power Off menu appears. Press and hold the Power Off selection until the Safe Mode prompt appears. Tap OK.

On certain devices, you have to power off, then power back on, but when you see the manufacturer logo appear, press and hold Vol Down until the homescreen appears.

Regarding notifications about replies to your threads, go to the forum website on your computer browser, click the gear icon at the upper right, then General Settings. Under Default Thread Subscription Mode, change it to "Instantly using Email, Push."

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie