How to attach a file here to show my phone space doesnt match issue?

Thanks
    07-27-2021 10:39 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! You need to be registered and logged into your Android Central account to post a screenshot: http://forums.androidcentral.com/gen...d-central.html.

Are you referring to a previous thread?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    07-27-2021 11:07 PM
    Hi, thanks for your reply.

I attached this file for your information. There is a huge different phone space count from what it should be added up. Kindly advise. Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Phone space issue-screenshot_20210728-103359.jpg  
    07-27-2021 11:19 PM
    Hi, welcome to AC!
    Try this app also see if you can determine where it's coming from

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...roid.diskusage
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-27-2021 11:21 PM
    So there is no other way to learn how come the added up used space doesnt match here but i have to download more app to my phone? Is this file usage count provided is useless from the begining? =="
    07-27-2021 11:33 PM
    So there is no other way to learn how come the added up used space doesnt match here but i have to download more app to my phone? Is this file usage count provided is useless from the begining? =="
    Well there is a limit to what your file manager can do, so this app helps pick up where the stock manager can't , it's your choice .can delete after you find out .
    07-27-2021 11:34 PM
    Thanks for your help...i did clean up the space yesterday with a 1.1G free space but it turned to ~2Mb the next day eventhough i never download nor taking picture at all...guess it is not a simple issue...this problem never happened until recently.
    07-27-2021 11:41 PM
    No problem that's what we here for , I would definitely try that app to help u locate the issue, also check your message app not high in storage if you have lots of messages/picture ones also
    07-27-2021 11:44 PM
    It is also not because of msg or file received from social app...i did not receive msg from any social apps yesterday....i thought something isnt right with that file manager so i try to look for support. It totally out of the round up so so much that i cant cheat myself the file manger is alright...
    07-27-2021 11:49 PM
    It is also not because of msg or file received from social app...i did not receive msg from any social apps yesterday....i thought something isnt right with that file manager so i try to look for support. It totally out of the round up so so much that i cant cheat myself the file manger is alright...
    Not soc. Media ..your text app?
    07-27-2021 11:54 PM
    Same..all apps interact with friends were not in use. If i count the system file ~ 4-6G, it will still not be able to turn out this low available space...i did play a game using Fpse emulator and checked on the sstate and mmcard size, it took up around 2Mb. I dont think the save file is the issue since i save it on the same slot...the save file's size will not increase everytime i save the game right...weird
    07-28-2021 12:03 AM
    Same..all apps interact with friends were not in use. If i count the system file ~ 4-6G, it will still not be able to turn out this low available space...i did play a game using Fpse emulator and checked on the sstate and mmcard size, it took up around 2Mb. I dont think the save file is the issue since i save it on the same slot...the save file's size will not increase everytime i save the game right...weird
    You have application taking about 8gb , then system should take between 7 to 10gb we need to know where the other is coming from and the stock storage not showing it so what's the next step you want to do?
    07-28-2021 12:28 AM
    There are essentially two different ways to look at how much storage is being used in any Android phone, the overriding point being there's the Android operating system that has to be accounted for. Your phone's internal storage is divided into several partitions -- most of them are dedicated solely to the operating system with one of them, the largest, being set aside to be used as the user's data partition. That user data partition is where all your files, your apps, and your basic user account data are stored. It's also the only partition you interact with as the system partitions have restriction access.
    So you depending on how you look at your phone's storage, if you're looking in the Settings >> Storage menu that's going to give you an overall view of everything. The Settings app itself is an integral part of the Android operating system with system-level permissions, so it can access and display your entire internal storage media. A typical file manager app that you install though, is only going to have user-level permissions so its access is limited to everything within that user data partition but restricted when it involves those system partitions (at best the ability to view and display, but no direct access so no edit/delete/add to files/folders).
    This also creates a situation where displaying the internal storage content is a mixed bag -- one way is showing everything as is, the other way is more practical in that it's showing what the user has the ability to work with.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2021 12:43 AM
    Check the cache or data for any messaging apps like Telegram, kik, etc. Also any social media apps. Sometimes these apps can build up a huge data cache that doesn't show up in the storage stats for some reason.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    07-28-2021 12:47 AM
    I think i will reorganise my file and folder,back it up then i will consider to try the app to find out the issue later.. thanks for your support. : )
    07-28-2021 12:59 AM