Wife and I have made a few, let's say intimate films together using a secure app that hides and encrypts videos, and would like to see... ourselves on a bigger screen. We've got a Roku and Smart View, and I'm looking at my phone's screen on my TV right now, so it's not a question of "Will it work?" it's no more a question of, "By doing that, is there any way that could end up being viewed, stored, or in any way accessed by anyone other than us? We're both consenting adults, but we're not looking to broadcast, know what I mean?
    07-28-2021 12:25 AM
    Should get a projector and some popcorn really make it nice , just messing , I'm not aware of that happening but maybe other members here can chime in .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here as a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    07-28-2021 12:31 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I'd guess that you'd have to be logged into the same wi-fi network to be able to intercept a signal, so make sure your wi-fi network is protected with a strong password, and preferably the most up-to-date security protocol (WPA3, or WPA2 if your devices don't support WPA3).

Connecting via a cable would probably give you a little bit more security.
    07-28-2021 12:51 AM
    There's absolutely no way Samsung has been recording what's transmitted via smart view for nearly a decade without people finding out, it's not getting broadcast anywhere else.

It should also be impossible for anyone to intercept the signal and copy it, it would break the wifi direct connection between the phone and TV.

Really the only thing you need to worry about is accidently casting to the wrong TV, at home I can see my neighbors TV in my list of available devices to cast to. You wouldn't want to accidentally connect to another TV.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    07-28-2021 01:42 AM
    There's absolutely no way Samsung has been recording what's transmitted via smart view for nearly a decade without people finding out, it's not getting broadcast anywhere else.

It should also be impossible for anyone to intercept the signal and copy it, it would break the wifi direct connection between the phone and TV.

Really the only thing you need to worry about is accidently casting to the wrong TV, at home I can see my neighbors TV in my list of available devices to cast to. You wouldn't want to accidentally connect to another TV.
    Or would you?
    07-28-2021 07:45 AM