How to turn off an automatic turning on bluetooth to vivo y81?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hi. I keep on searching how can i turn off the bluetooth on my phone.i did your recommendations but i can't find the part where you turn of the scanning thing at location. what would i do? TIA

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
What do you mean you can't turn off BT? Do you mean that you are unable to turn it off with either the quick settings button in the navigation bar or the toggle in Settings under Connections? Are these options greyed out, the setting doesn't stay after you've turned it off or do you mean something else?

What do you mean turn off the "scanning thing", at locations? Do you mean that when you arrive to a location that it begins scanning for devices to connect to? Devices cannot connect to your phone unless you accept the connection or they have already been paired.

It sounds more like you're talking about WiFi and not BT. BT doesn't scan unless you ask it to. It is also not typically searchable unless the device is in discovery mode. WiFi on the other hand will scan anytime it is on and not connected to a network and typically has an annoying pop-up that lets you know there is a WiFi connection available even when you don't plan to connect to a public network. WiFi is also known to turn itself on, usually in cases of weak network signal, to try and keep the device connected to the internet.

So do you really mean BT or do you mean WiFi?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
@VidJunky I think OP is talking about the Bluetooth coming on by itself, even after manually turning it off. It could have to do with Bluetooth Scanning, which is a way of improving location accuracy (there's also Wi-fi Scanning which does a similar thing).

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
@VidJunky I think OP is talking about the Bluetooth coming on by itself, even after manually turning it off. It could have to do with Bluetooth Scanning, which is a way of improving location accuracy (there's also Wi-fi Scanning which does a similar thing).

I know that BT can be used to improve location accuracy but I've never had it turn on by itself even back in the day when you could choose no location, general location and high accuracy location but this is a different device so I could see it behaving differently.

Once again it appears to be an exercise futility if the OP never answers. FOUR!!! LOL.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tony2