I am unable to open my g mail account without using a 2 digit number obtainable only by pulling down notification bar which doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
    07-29-2021 04:25 AM
    Members are more likely to be able to help if given more details.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-question.html
    07-29-2021 07:00 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

What device do you have?

What app are you using?

What gives you the digits needed to open the app? Is this something you did intentionally or it just happened and you didn't try to change it?

The notification bar doesn't work, how? It doesn't pull down, your email isn't listed there, its not giving you the digits needed? What's not working?

Please provide more information.

To reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave comments, please create an account. This link will help you do that... https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    07-29-2021 07:12 AM
    Sounds like you have 2 factor Authentication turned on for your Google account. The 2 digit verification can be a nightmare. One option is to go into your Google account on a pc browser and disable 2fa. It leaves your account more vulnerable but stops that annoying 2 digit verification.
    07-29-2021 03:52 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! I've never heard of an authentication code that is only 2 digits long -- that would be incredibly insecure. As Kizzy Catwoman is guessing, you mean 2 factor authentication, right?
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-29-2021 10:44 PM
    I am unable to open my g mail account without using a 2 digit number obtainable only by pulling down notification bar which doesn't seem to work. Any ideas?
    When you mentioned in your pull down notification panel , you tap to expand more information on the code ? What is giving the code , message app ,another email ?
    VidJunky likes this.
    07-29-2021 10:47 PM