Is my phone hacked?
    08-01-2021 06:40 PM
    Cricket can run on AT&T towers. Additionally - your phone number could be from a previous line that you had and then transferred over.

If this isn't what you were asking about, please join and reply here with more information as your post was not entirely clear. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    08-01-2021 07:08 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! What do you mean by "att extension"? Where are you seeing that?
    08-01-2021 07:23 PM
    AT&T owns Cricket so it's not surprising to see any kind of AT&T branding on your phone.
    There are only a handful of major, big name cellular services in the U.S. (i.e AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon) and numerous carriers that are either owned by those big carriers or have to enter contracts with one or more of them to use their cellular networks. These smaller carriers are referred to MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...work_operators

So with Cricket, since its parent company is AT&T it uses AT&T's cellular service. But there are a lot of other situations too, Xfinity Wireless is owned by Comcast but it's tied to Verizon's cellular service. Other independent MVNOs, like Consumer Cellular or Ting, have contracts to use more than one carrier so you have options to get a SIM card for the cellular network that works best for your particular location. (... the issue being depending on where you live there may be good cellular coverage from all or some carriers, or just one.)
    mustang7757 and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-01-2021 07:39 PM
    AT&T owns Cricket so it's not surprising to see any kind of AT&T branding on your phone.
    There are only a handful of major, big name cellular services in the U.S. (i.e AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon) and numerous carriers that are either owned by those big carriers or have to enter contracts with one or more of them to use their cellular networks. These smaller carriers are referred to MVNOs (Mobile Virtual Network Operators):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...work_operators

So with Cricket, since its parent company is AT&T it uses AT&T's cellular service. But there are a lot of other situations too, Xfinity Wireless is owned by Comcast but it's tied to Verizon's cellular service. Other independent MVNOs, like Consumer Cellular or Ting, have contracts to use more than one carrier so you have options to get a SIM card for the cellular network that works best for your particular location. (... the issue being depending on where you live there may be good cellular coverage from all or some carriers, or just one.)
    Agree
    08-01-2021 07:52 PM