Is there log information about picture making in Androoid? If there is, how long is it stored?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have a Samsung Galaxy J3. I can't find some pictures but I'm really not sure that I made them with this device.
Is there log information about picture making in this device?
If there is, how long is it stored? It's been a long time since I last turned this mobile on.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
No log that I'm aware of, only the final saved image. If such a log existed, it would take up a lot of unnecessary space. If you created the image on that phone, it would be there unless you deleted it, so a log wouldn't really be of help anyway.

Last edited:

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you taking advantage of Google Photos auto-backup? If so, find the photo there -- the photo information should include the device that took it.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Thank you.
Unfortunately, I have never used auto-backup. It will not work.

So, isn't there any log file about picture making?

I assume you mean "taking" a picture with the phone's camera?

No. There's no separate logging function by the phone's camera app. The log is the photo in the phone's DCIM/Camera/ folder in internal memory. It could also be on the SD card if the phone has one installed, and the camera app is set to save there.

However, if the photo is deleted from the phone, that's it, it's gone. Unless the phone has a recycling or trash recovery feature, and that feature is turned on.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
However, if the photo is deleted from the phone, that's it, it's gone. Unless the phone has a recycling or trash recovery feature, and that feature is turned on.

Those are often time limited, even if the feature is activated. I.e. When you delete something and it goes to the trash bin, it'll still auto-delete in a few days, or maybe a week.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2fedes