Its asking a SIM unlock pin

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I put the SIM card from Q-link, known its asking me for a SIM network unlock pin.
I need help...please

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
I put the SIM card from Q-link, known its asking me for a SIM network unlock pin.
I need help...please
As belodion says, a bit more info would help.

Although, I can infer a few things.

You have a phone locked to another carrier. You need to get the unlock code from that carrier. There are several questions we'd need to ask of you and you would have to officially join the forum so you can answer back.

Until then, here are some initial questions...

Has this been your phone all along on a different carrier and you are trying a new carrier?

If so, you have to call the old carrier and get the unlock code. Some carriers have an online unlocking portal where you input the information and wait for the code to be sent. In that instance, you would probably need to comply with several conditions - are you paid up on the bill? Have you fulfilled the original contract or installment (fully paid for the phone)? Has the phone been active on the original carrier for whatever their predetermined period of time is (for some, it's at least 6 months)?

Or, Is this a new phone for you that you purchase used (either online, or via some other means)?

If so, then the original owner would need to call the carrier and get the unlock code for you. Some carriers allow you to ask for the code even if you are not the original owner, but you would need to provide the IMEI so they can check that the phone does not have an outstanding balance, or that it hasn't been reported stolen.

That's all I can tell you without more info.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
@joeldf has kindly and dutifully given as full an answer as possible, but you will understand that members can hardly be expected to run through all these and other possibilities every time someone asks questions lacking sufficient detail. It helps us if we are given all relevant details in the first place.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae