I have 10000 music tracks on my Huawei mate 20, everytime I do a master reset I have to back those tracks up and reload them afterwards, which is a pain, is there any way I can protect the music folder from being deleted during a master reset maybe renaming it to something else
    08-29-2021 06:15 AM
    No. All your data is in the 'user' space on the device. When you do a factory reset that 'user' space and any encryption keys to unlock it (if it's encrypted) are deleted.
    Gob Shite likes this.
    08-29-2021 07:30 AM
    A reset is just that, a full reset. There is no such thing as a partial reset.

If you are resetting often (which there shouldn't be need to), I would save those files on an SD card and remove the card during the reset process. Don't leave the card in during a reset, because there is a risk of a glitch that can reformat the card in the process.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    08-29-2021 09:08 AM
    There is nothing in the word RESET that implies it will delete all of your data

A reset is just that, a full reset.
    09-03-2021 08:29 AM
    The very definition of a factory reset (or master reset, as you called it) is that it wipes the phone of all personal data and returns it to an "out of the box state." If that is not what you are implying, then a reset isn't the proper terminology and some clarification is needed for us to better help you.
    09-03-2021 10:55 AM
    You may be thinking of "reboot".

In the smartphone world, "reset" absolutely means all existing data is deleted in the process. As Mooncatt says, it's usually best known by the term "factory reset".
    09-03-2021 11:14 AM
    You may be thinking of "reboot".

In the smartphone world, "reset" absolutely means all existing data is deleted in the process. As Mooncatt says, it's usually best known by the term "factory reset".
    The OP DID say "master reset"...
    09-03-2021 11:34 AM