I mistakenly deleted PackageInstaller.apk from /system/apps on my rooted phone and now i cant install apks. Google play store doesn't work on my phone and i cant use adb with a pc. I cant reinstall packageinstaller because package installer is uninstalled! I want to know how i can manually reinstall package installer by putting all the needed components in the correct places. I want to know exactly what packageinstaller does when installing an app so that i can do the same. Please respond! Thanks!
    08-30-2021 12:47 PM
    I mistakenly deleted PackageInstaller.apk from /system/apps on my rooted phone and now i cant install apks. Google play store doesn't work on my phone and i cant use adb with a pc. I cant reinstall packageinstaller because package installer is uninstalled! I want to know how i can manually reinstall package installer by putting all the needed components in the correct places. I want to know exactly what packageinstaller does when installing an app so that i can do the same. Please respond! Thanks!
    You'll have to try to find the apk posted somewhere online, or download a ROM package and extract the apk yourself
    08-30-2021 12:54 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    08-30-2021 01:00 PM
    You can side-load the APK to restore that app by getting it from a trusted source like apkmirror:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...ase/#downloads
    or re-flash the appropriate ROM for your model. That's a conditional matter though as it depends on the availability of ROMs for whatever model phone you have.

I'd also suggest you install an app like Titanium Backup:
    https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/titani...tanium-backup/
    It's a very handy, root-required backup utility, with a 'Freeze' function that allows you Disable an app and its settings/config files/'Defrost' function to restore the app and its settings/config files that you can use to avoid problems like you're having (i.e. as long as you do a Full Backup and keep the automatic incremental backup option enabled, if later you do inadvertently delete a vital app you can just Restore it and its settings).
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    08-30-2021 01:35 PM