Hello

My Samsung A5 2016 works well at the exception of the screen which is black, because of some fluid that has leaked inside. I would like to get contacts back from the phone, most of the solutions I found don't work because they require to authorize something at some point on the screen of the phone.

The good news: USB debogging is activated and there is no screen lock and no SIM card, so in theory I can start the phone and get to the home screen.

Maybe a solution is to display the screen on an external device (my computer?), does anyone has a solution with a mac?

Thank you
    09-03-2021 02:23 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Just to be sure -- these are all contacts saved to the local Phone account only, and not to your Google account? You've already checked contacts.google.com on your computer browser to see if the contacts are there?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-03-2021 03:12 AM
    No back up in Samsung or Google accounts?
    09-03-2021 04:39 PM
    Hello

My Samsung A5 2016 works well at the exception of the screen which is black, because of some fluid that has leaked inside. I would like to get contacts back from the phone, most of the solutions I found don't work because they require to authorize something at some point on the screen of the phone.

The good news: USB debogging is activated and there is no screen lock and no SIM card, so in theory I can start the phone and get to the home screen.

Maybe a solution is to display the screen on an external device (my computer?), does anyone has a solution with a mac?

Thank you
    Vysor is a great screen mirroring program for PC and Mac. But anything like that will require that you already have used a USB Debugging feature with that same computer in the past, because with a black screen you won't be able to allow on the popup prompt asking for permission that you'll get if you try using a computer that you've never used before
    09-03-2021 06:03 PM
    Thanks for your answers! Sorry I did not have notifications
    -> I have usb debogging
    -> My screen is totally unlocked
    -> Vysor works for one second and stops
    Any other idea? There seem to be thousands of software retrieving contacts, do you know a good one?
    09-07-2021 12:52 PM
    Thanks for your answers! Sorry I did not have notifications
    -> I have usb debogging
    -> My screen is totally unlocked
    -> Vysor works for one second and stops
    Any other idea? There seem to be thousands of software retrieving contacts, do you know a good one?
    Another screen mirroring program that works well is SCRCPY - https://github.com/Genymobile/scrcpy/releases/tag/v1.18
    09-07-2021 01:13 PM
    Ok thank you, but I can't install SCRCPY on MacOS (fails with homebrew and macports, dependencies not up to date, ...)
    09-16-2021 02:08 PM