I have a QLink Scepter 8 tablet. When I set up the home page the way I want it, then restart the tablet, the changes aren't preserved. Also, I can't reset the time zone from Pacific time to Eastern time--again, the change is not preserved. What's wrong here--am I doing something wrong, or am I simply running up against the limitations of Android Go? Please note: I've searched online and can find no documentation specific to Android Go, so I can't resolve the problems.

Thanks.
    09-22-2021 04:36 AM
    My recommendation is to find another tablet.

This is the second problem I've seen asked about this tablet recently, so I looked up a few things. For starters, this is one of those "free" government tablets being handed out in the U.S. Looking at the specs, they are nothing short of horrible by today's standards, and runs a stripped down version of Android. There aren't many reviews for its specifically, but the ones I found all complained of poor performance of the tablet itself, or complaints about the horrible QLink customer disservice itself. Then again, you get what you pay for.

If these are the worst of your problems, consider yourself lucky. If you can afford it, I would shop for something else. Even a cheap used name brand tablet is likely going to be better than this.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    09-22-2021 07:35 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! I agree with Mooncatt. As a workaround, I would simply avoid powering down the tablet. When you're not using it, just turn off the screen and let it idle.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    09-22-2021 12:24 PM
    Hope the suggestions here helped
    09-22-2021 08:05 PM