How do i remove katana from my phone

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My ex put all this encrypted stuff on my phone and I want it off he put all these apps on as well and paid for all of them with my card. Please help me remove it all so I can have a regular phone. I Already paid the $1 about a hour ago but the info I was given did not help. I'm a single mom now and so broken hearted and my wallet is empty please help me please

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
This is such a vague question that helping will be hard to do.

How do you think your ex did this?

What "encrypted stuff" are you seeing?

What have you tried so far?

Can you at least uninstall the new apps?

Have you tried challenging the purchases with the card issuer for a refund?

What phone?

Are you thinking your paid $1 to us for help? (We don't charge for that, so must have been another site)

You'll need to register to make a free account here so you can reply with more information.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! if you don't want anyone messing around with your phone, simply keep it away from them and make sure you have a good screen lock. That's very basic personal phone security.

As Javier P mentioned, "katana" is the codename used by Facebook for the main FB app. "Orca" is for FB Messenger.

I would bet that a lot of the other "encrypted stuff" you're worried about are actually just system apps. Remember, Android phones come with at least 200 system apps, most of which would only be identifiable by Google engineers, so try not to sift through the Settings>Apps list and get worked up about all of those app names you can't decipher.

See these as well:
“I’ve been hacked” - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com
[GUIDE] How To Avoid Malware - Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1