My body blocks bluetooth connection

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phones Bluetooth connection is being blocked by simple objects like my jeans or my hand. I've talked to Samsung support 3 times now and they've been no help.

TQuicken

Oct 5, 2021
Visit site
None of them worked. I guess it would be good to mention the fact that when I factory reset my phone I didn't have the issue for about a week so I don't believe it's hardware based

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
Damm so none of the connectivity issues including Software glitch with default bluetooth drives. Possibly Software combatilbility between your buds and device. It up to date all that OS need ?
It could be hardware still restarting or Factory reset sometimes gives a little life back till it goes again.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that Bluetooth signals are heavily attenuated by water. Guess what makes up the majority of your body...

I have similar issues on occasion, even with a high end Blue Parrot headset if I have my phone in my left pocket and headset on my right ear. If a swap ears, or have the phone on my desk, I have no problems and can get quite a long range from it.

So this actually doesn't surprise me with tiny ear buds that can't fit a higher power radio in them.

anon(10753934)

Jun 17, 2021
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere that Bluetooth signals are heavily attenuated by water. Guess what makes up the majority of your body...

I have similar issues on occasion, even with a high end Blue Parrot headset if I have my phone in my left pocket and headset on my right ear. If a swap ears, or have the phone on my desk, I have no problems and can get quite a long range from it.

So this actually doesn't surprise me with tiny ear buds that can't fit a higher power radio in them.

10 metres max no Interference,Lucky to get 3.5 metres clear path. Depending on quality of chips as well postioning & as Mooncat says with the tiny Buds. Though you would think would be addressed.
Added a link if none of this works its one of them.
https://smartandroid.fr/en/bluetooth-problem-on-samsung-galaxy-a10e-what-to-do/

gomezz

May 8, 2021
Visit site
I keep my phone in a holster on my left hip and my Bluetooth adapter(s) clipped to my right hip and have no problems with the connection. Although at the point I am establishing connection the phone is in my hand in direct line of sight to the adapter. I suspect in the OP's case it is some kind of incompatibility.