Need to find audio files in app's hidden folder

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Hello,

I have an app that allows you to build a library of audio and video files. I liked it so much that I downloaded many GB of mp3 audio files and now have a full internal storage.

My phone does not allow the option to move any apps to SD card, unfortunately and it has a locked bootloader so it cannot be rooted

I contacted the developer of the app and they told me that the files are in a hidden directory.

So be it. But, there is about 28 GB of mp3 files hidden somewhere. Can you help me find them so that I can move them to the SD card ? I can plug into a Linux computer or a Windows computer.

Please help

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
It seems that if it were possible to find and move the files the Dev. would have mentioned that instead of just telling you that a hidden folder existed... I'm assuming that you posed your issue to them similarly to the way you posed it to us and if they didn't mention a method or a path to follow, there likely isn't much we can do for you.

Knowing the file names may not help as some apps change or alter file names to prevent them from being found. Having said that have you tried opening your file manager and searching for a specific file name? Even if the folder is hidden or has a nomedia file searching by name usually still locates the file.

Depending on what device you have you may be able to look through the app's folder. I haven't found a way to do this on any of my Samsung devices but could on my HTC devices. If you cannot see the application folders you have no way to "just look through" them and it may not be possible access their content.

We could go on for days guessing this and that but it would help if you told us at least what device you have and what app we're talking about.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Which app? There is a high possibility they are hidden for copyright reasons, most music apps I know of do that to prevent music files from being copied. It's also possible the app allows you to use the SD card for storage instead of internal.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, if this is one of those "free" music downloaders, those are always on the shady side. I've mentioned this before, but most of those apps or services try to skirt copyright law by claiming that the music files are for "research" only, and that once you're done "researching," you agree to delete the music from your device. If you don't delete it, technically you'd be violating copyright and essentially stealing the music. People have been prosecuted for this kind of stuff and had to pay hefty penalties. So if that's what you're doing, I'd think twice, three times, or ten times before continuing.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
...People have been prosecuted for this kind of stuff and had to pay hefty penalties...

As many times as we've talked about this it's ironic that in a doc I just watched it says it was all for not. The big Napster cases that got national attention over regular people being sued for millions, probably the two biggest cases from that have paid nothing. I'm not advocating and this is definitely not legal advice, gotta use my own disclaimers on this one, but of 18k cases most settled out of court for little to nothing or the case got thrown out. This article pretty much runs through what the doc talked about just in less detail... https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.th...11/minnesota-woman-songs-illegally-downloaded

Again this is not advocating or siding one way or the other. This information is strictly for educational purposes and not meant to be advice legal or otherwise. LOL.