I am using Samsung Tab a6 10.1 inches. Whenever I want to tilt it to landscape mode, the screen locks. What could be the problem?
    10-08-2021 03:46 AM
    Welcome to Android Central.

Is this immediate? So you turn the screen and it just locks or you turn the screen and you know it will lock?

Does it show the lock screen or does it go dark, like you've pressed the power button, and when you wake the screen it is locked? I ask because it could be the way you're holding it or the way it is resting... Does it also happen if you rotate the other direction?

Is it plugged in when this happens or does it not matter it does it with or without being plugged in? If it happens when plugged in it could be that you have a bad cable and sensing an interruption in the charging cycle might be triggering this.

You could try the device in Safe Mode to see if it is being influenced by an app. These directions will help you get into and out of Safe Mode... https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...sji0iS8Zcg02Jk If it does it in SM it could be a setting or a system bug. If it does not do this in SM it may be being tripped by an app. Let us know what your results are.

If you would like to update your thread or offer more information please leave another comment. If you would like to reply to this thread and receive notifications when others leave replies, please create an account. This link will help you do that.. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...-new-post.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-08-2021 05:56 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Are you using a case, or is anything with a magnet nearby? If so, something might be inappropriately triggering the smartcover sensor, which is typically a magnetic sensor in the bezel.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-08-2021 09:57 AM
    I am using Samsung Tab a6 10.1 inches. Whenever I want to tilt it to landscape mode, the screen locks. What could be the problem?
    What do you mean locks ? Like have to enter password again?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-08-2021 02:00 PM