Hi guys,

Last week I transferred all data from my old android phone to my new Pixel.

Now, all photos in my whatsapp folder have the order screwed up, they all got the same date (transfer date). This is a problem cause I still had to sort them, and I wanted to copypaste them into Google Photos. This is now impossible.

The camera folder however still shows the correct order of my migrated pics btw. Strange.

Is there a way to migrate whatsapp pics from my old phone containing the right date?

Thanks a lot!
    10-16-2021 05:22 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! This is what happens on many gallery apps after you copy a photo, since they often sort photos by file creation date, rather than the date the photo was taken. If you copy a photo, you create a new file, so you lose the prior chronologic sorting.

Look for a gallery app that sorts by filename (assuming you didn't rename any of the files) or by date the photo was taken. I can't tell you specifically which gallery apps do that, but you may want to start with Simple Gallery Pro or Piktures.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-16-2021 06:05 PM