This is the programme available on all Android devices. It records any/all Android software errors or bugs while using the device and sends back diagnostics and reports to Google and presumably the manufacturer of the device you are using.

Normally it comes already enabled. Is this a useful feature? Does it compromise privacy? Especially given the fact that it is not exactly sure what kind of user information it may send beyond just the software diagnostics.

Should this feature be left enabled? Or should it be disabled to protect one's data/information? Thank you.

Settings>>About Phone>>User Experience Programme
    10-26-2021 09:32 AM
    I don't see that on my Pixel 3a XL. Which phone do you have?
    10-26-2021 10:59 AM
    The User Experience Programme is in:

Settings>>About Phone>>User Experience Programme

Here is a screen shot:
    Attached Thumbnails User Experience Programme on Android-10767.jpg  
    10-27-2021 02:05 AM
    Not on my Pixel, so it's not on all Android phones. Which phone do you have?
    10-27-2021 02:34 AM
    Not on my Pixel, so it's not on all Android phones. Which phone do you have?
    I have an Android One device.
    10-27-2021 07:29 AM
    Ok, but which manufacturer? This is probably specific to the manufacturer.

FYI, I think the Android One initiative has pretty much been phased out (i.e., no one is making new Android One phones), which is a shame. I think Google is just focusing on their Pixels for the "pure" Google experience.

In any case, these kinds of programs usually send data on usage patterns and bugs so that the manufacturer can tweak the software if needed. Depending on how old the phone is, this might not be useful any more (if the device is no longer getting updates).
    10-27-2021 10:06 AM
    Ok, but which manufacturer? This is probably specific to the manufacturer.

FYI, I think the Android One initiative has pretty much been phased out (i.e., no one is making new Android One phones), which is a shame. I think Google is just focusing on their Pixels for the "pure" Google experience.

In any case, these kinds of programs usually send data on usage patterns and bugs so that the manufacturer can tweak the software if needed. Depending on how old the phone is, this might not be useful any more (if the device is no longer getting updates).
    The Android One programme is actually alive and well and present on various devices/brands. It's the closest software version to a full stock Android version.
    10-28-2021 10:35 AM
    I realize Android One phones are still supported, but I don't think there have been any new ones for a while: https://www.computerworld.com/articl...droid-one.html
    10-28-2021 10:38 AM
    I realize Android One phones are still supported, but I don't think there have been any new ones for a while: https://www.computerworld.com/articl...droid-one.html
    Yep. They are being released regularly including this year.
    10-31-2021 07:22 PM