I have a Galaxy A20 from Verizon that I use for my small business. About a week ago, a customer told me they had tried to leave a message but they got a recording saying the person they were calling couldn't be indentified. Since then, four more people have reported this to me while I've been trying to fix it. I can't find any information about this problem. It was working fine for over a year. I tried a visual voicemail app earlier this year but didn't like it and uninstalled it almost immediately. If that's when the problem started, though, I feel sure I would've heard about long before now. I've tried changing my greeting in Verizon voicemail, even though there didn't appear to be a problem with the original recording. Instructions for activating call forwarding on my phone stalled when I got to "supplementary services" - it is not listed as an option in my settings. Any ideas?
    10-27-2021 08:33 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! You've already contacted Verizon support about this? They'd definitely be the first place to start.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    10-27-2021 10:17 AM
    Voicemail is managed and maintained by your carrier so you really need to either log into your account online or contact Verizon by phone or text chat. Your phone simply accesses your Verizon account online to listen to voicemail messages so your problem might need to be taken care of on their end and not necessarily on your phone.

But before you go through a lot of hassle on this, have you just reset voicemail on your phone (from scratch, like the first time)?
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/e?...token=Oezf95YM
    It sounds like the changeover back to just basic voicemail from visual voicemail got messed up somehow, perhaps just resetting up voicemail on your phone is needed.
    10-27-2021 12:22 PM
    Also, try rebooting.
    10-27-2021 12:28 PM