WiFi and 5g icons on at same time. Am I paying for data usage when this happens
    10-29-2021 11:25 AM
    This a Samsung ?
    No shouldn't be using data when this shows .

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    10-29-2021 11:28 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! It's the same as with LTE and 3G before this -- it's just telling you that it has a cell signal. The cell radio will still be active even if the phone is using wi-fi (which is why poor cell signal can cause battery drain, even when on wi-fi).
    10-29-2021 11:41 AM
    Typically your phone will automatically opt to use WiFi connectivity over cellular connectivity when both are left enabled. But it is conditional, if the WiFi signal you're connecting to is too weak, your phone is going to be trying to negotiate between the two and using up more system resources than usual (taxing the battery). But no, in normal conditions you won't be using mobile data usage when your phone is connected to a good WiFi signal.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    10-29-2021 12:26 PM