Hello Guys and Gals -

I recently bought a OnePlus Nord N200 to replace my Moto G7. I want to transfer my text messages over to my new phone and I tried some tutorial that used the Google app to do it. It seemed like it worked and said so on the phone, but nothing actually transferred, so is there a way I can do this? Thanks for any help.
    10-29-2021 01:02 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Try using SMS Backup & Restore.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    ManiacJoe likes this.
    10-29-2021 01:05 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I did have an account, I just didn't see how to log in. I created a backup of my texts and calls, and moved them to the new phone via Windows Explorer. When I went to restore them, the app didn't see the .xml files. Did I miss something. Thanks again.
    11-04-2021 11:19 PM
    Sorry, but I've never tried using the app myself, so I don't know the steps in detail. Did you already look here to make sure you're following all of the steps correctly? https://synctech.com.au/sms-backup-r...our-old-phone/
    11-04-2021 11:27 PM
    Thank you for the reply. I did have an account, I just didn't see how to log in. I created a backup of my texts and calls, and moved them to the new phone via Windows Explorer. When I went to restore them, the app didn't see the .xml files. Did I miss something. Thanks again.
    Make sure you put them in the correct folder
    11-05-2021 01:48 PM
    Which one would be the correct folder. Thanks.
    11-13-2021 02:26 AM
    Which one would be the correct folder. Thanks.
    It depends on the phone and Android version. So you'll have to look for the app's folder in the internal storage of your old phone, and make a note of where the backups are stored. Then on your new phone, find the app's folder on the internal storage and make sure the backup(s) are moved or copied there
    11-13-2021 11:10 AM