please help me out with a step-by-step process.
    I bought a used verizon version of the s20.But I don't know if I'm following the Verizon's unlock policy because I'm in a different country.If you insert a different sim, a popup will appear with chage carrier.
    i want to unlock this s20.
    11-02-2021 09:38 AM
    Such are the dangers of buying a carrier-branded device. The only way we can fully endorse unlocking a device is using the carrier's unlock policy/process, those are in place for a reason. You will need to work with the seller as they should be able to get through the Verizon process and get you the required code. Did they advertise it as an unlocked device and it showed up locked?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-02-2021 10:44 AM
    11-02-2021 10:45 AM
    If you put another SIM in, does it ask you to input a code first? If not, it may already be unlocked.
    11-02-2021 11:22 AM
    Such are the dangers of buying a carrier-branded device. The only way we can fully endorse unlocking a device is using the carrier's unlock policy/process, those are in place for a reason. You will need to work with the seller as they should be able to get through the Verizon process and get you the required code. Did they advertise it as an unlocked device and it showed up locked?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Android Central.
    Per Verizon's on line unlocking procedure, my P5 was supposedly unlocked. WRONG. T-Mobile informed me that it wasn't. I had to call Verizon to have it unlocked and then, I received the 6 digit pin to transfer the phone off of Verizon. The 60 days of being carrier locked is a bunch of B.S.. My phone had been on Verizon for a year.
    11-02-2021 11:29 AM
    Per Verizon's on line unlocking procedure, my P5 was supposedly unlocked. WRONG. T-Mobile informed me that it wasn't. I had to call Verizon to have it unlocked and then, I received the 6 digit pin to transfer the phone off of Verizon. The 60 days of being carrier locked is a bunch of B.S.. My phone had been on Verizon for a year.
    Moral of that story - don't assume it is because it should be due to some automatic process, always verify...
    11-02-2021 12:16 PM
    If you put another SIM in, does it ask you to input a code first? If not, it may already be unlocked.
    Verizon only uses codes on their prepaid devices. Postpaid devices simply give a popup that says you can't use a different carrier at this time and gives Verizon's 1-800 numbers to contact them for unlocking
    BerryBubbles likes this.
    11-02-2021 12:31 PM
    I asked the first question.thank you everyone.
    I don't ask for a code, so I think it's a postpaid device.
    i live in japan.
    I can not speak English.Can I contact you by chat or email?
    11-03-2021 12:01 AM
    I asked the first question.thank you everyone.
    I don't ask for a code, so I think it's a postpaid device.
    i live in japan.
    I can not speak English.Can I contact you by chat or email?
    What's the Baseband Version on the device? You can find that under Settings-->About-->Software Information
    11-03-2021 03:20 PM
    G986USQS2DUI5
    I once tried flashing to G986U1UES2DUI5 using odin, but a change carrier popup appeared.
    The company that unlocks is a scam, isn't it?
    11-03-2021 07:00 PM
    G986USQS2DUI5
    I once tried flashing to G986U1UES2DUI5 using odin, but a change carrier popup appeared.
    The company that unlocks is a scam, isn't it?
    Just because you flashed to unlocked firmware doesn't mean it will be sim unlocked, need to call carrier for sim unlocked or reputable 3rd party unlock service company
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-03-2021 07:06 PM
    I will call verizon 18009220204 using translation.thanks.
    11-03-2021 08:44 PM