Had an LG Flip Phone with FM radio and regrettably lost it. When searching online many hits appear only to discover that no phone specifies the FM feature. Would much prefer the LG flip phone I had. It also accommodated an SD card. Preference would be USED...

Hoping for informed guidance
    11-06-2021 01:45 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Phones made for the US market tend not to have an FM radio (or at least, it's disabled by the manufacturer). Chinese manufacturers are more likely to have them, though, like Xiaomi: https://oneandroid.net/the-best-xiao...with-fm-radio/

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-2021 03:22 PM
    Also it depends on carrier also if they enable it
    belodion and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-06-2021 05:14 PM
    Also it depends on carrier also if they enable it
    My old Nokia Icon had FM Radio. Downside is the wired headphones were the antenna.
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-06-2021 06:01 PM
    My old Nokia Icon had FM Radio. Downside is the wired headphones were the antenna.
    I think every device that has an FM radio requires the use of wired headphones as an antenna, right?
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-2021 06:44 PM
    I think every device that has an FM radio requires the use of wired headphones as an antenna, right?
    I'm pretty sure they all did. Which was kind of misleading, as everyone I knew thought you could listen to FM radio, over the phone speakers.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-06-2021 08:13 PM
    I'm pretty sure they all did. Which was kind of misleading, as everyone I knew thought you could listen to FM radio, over the phone speakers.
    That's interesting. I never expected to listen to FM radio (or anything else) without using headphones. Pretty much the only place I wouldn't use headphones is at home or in the car, both of which have actual radios available. Of course, I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in years, since there is nothing broadcast that interests me.
    11-06-2021 11:11 PM
    You could try an app like TuneIn Radio
    11-06-2021 11:32 PM
    . Of course, I haven't listened to terrestrial radio in years, since there is nothing broadcast that interests me.
    Curios, If you haven't listened in years, how would you know?
    beantownsouth likes this.
    11-07-2021 03:24 AM
    Curios, If you haven't listened in years, how would you know?
    The music formats are all the same repetitious Top 40, classic rock, classic hits, country, hip-hop, sports talk, talk radio. I don't like any of these formats, nor do I like adverts. Spotify and YouTube Music provide me with variety of music both old and new in other genres that I like (jazz, progressive rock, metal) that isn't played on terrestrial radio. If I want to listen to talk, I'll listen to podcasts that cover things other than sports talk and political talk, such as technology and science.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-07-2021 12:10 PM