Google says there are no bookmarks for Android. In every other instance, computer with Android, iPhones, etc., you can set a bookmark anywhere in Docs text, and link it to any other text in or out of Docs with a link from right there under the add + plus.. Except in phones there is no bookmarks there.

I want to make the matching titles in my index a button that takes you to that title. And I want to have a button at the bottom of every page that takes you back to the index.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to accomplish this?
    11-07-2021 02:42 PM
    I'm not sure if there's a native way to do this. Google specifically says that the Bookmarks feature isn't available on Google Docs for Android, so you'd have to use the desktop interface: https://support.google.com/docs/answ...DAndroid&oco=1.

I tried accessing Google Drive through the browser as a workaround, and I can see all of the files, but there's no way to open a Google Docs file in the browser, even with the Desktop Site checkbox turned on in the settings. Maybe there's a 3rd party add-on that can do this, but I haven't found one yet.
    11-07-2021 02:58 PM
    K. Thanks B. Diddy.
    I've already checked out what's behind your button, just Google Help where it says none for Android. But I once, somewhere in the works, found a toggle for desktop mode. I'll let you know if anything comes of trying that when I find it again.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-07-2021 03:46 PM
    K. Thanks B. Diddy.
    I've already checked out what's behind your button, just Google Help where it says none for Android. But I once, somewhere in the works, found a toggle for desktop mode. I'll let you know if anything comes of trying that when I find it again.
    Right, that's what I was trying to do by accessing Google Drive through Chrome using Desktop Mode. I'm able to get to the main Drive overview screen, but once I try to open a document, it forces me to open the Google Docs app (which doesn't have the Bookmarks feature), instead of being able to open it in Chrome.
    11-07-2021 10:12 PM
    Well, been working all this time on this, and the upshot isn't nice. As B. Diddy found out, once your back in Docs you're cut off from all the rest. Thot a nested link might work, but turns out U can cut a docs address down to 1 single character & it a Still Works! Means that Everything U add is simply ignored. Can't get a TC. Leaving your own TC/index with buttons that go to other Docs only, and that at the Top only. Can't workaround any closer than that. Tried everything! Sorry people, but that's Google for you. Those with a computer Can do this, phone Not.
    B. Diddy likes this.
    12-01-2021 08:18 AM
    As an after thought; there are ppl online that say U can do this with a link they offer. They are wrong. There is no way to launch that without your doc address, and U see above where that gets U.
    12-01-2021 08:22 AM
    Hmm, this seems a little complicated. I'm not an expert, but I see that people in this thread know a lot about apps, and I really need some advice. My boss told me to make a digital invitation for a business meeting, and I don't have any design related skills (my fault for writing what I have on my resume, but that's another story)
    07-05-2022 05:28 AM
    Hmm, this seems a little complicated. I'm not an expert, but I see that people in this thread know a lot about apps, and I really need some advice. My boss told me to make a digital invitation for a business meeting, and I don't have any design related skills (my fault for writing what I have on my resume, but that's another story)
    Welcome to Android Central! It would be best for you to create a new thread (probably in the Ask a Question or General Help forum) for your question, since it doesn't have anything to do with the original question in this thread. Thanks!
    07-05-2022 09:43 AM