Downgrade binary or get network access

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

Help Please! Hello i tried to upgrade my phone to android 11 and didnt notice it was binary 3. I think my currently operator doesnt work with Android 11 so i tried to get a firmware for the SM-N985F but dind´t find a firmware with Android 10 and binary 3. Is there a way to get back my network access or donwgrade the version?

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I have the N985FXXS3DUG8 with Binary 3 and Android 11. And i guess is the version of Android that i cant access to m network features
It makes no sense that you have to be running a specific software version in order for your device to work with your wireless provider. If you're having issues with network features, you should contact your provider for troubleshooting assistance

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It makes no sense that you have to be running a specific software version in order for your device to work with your wireless provider. If you're having issues with network features, you should contact your provider for troubleshooting assistance

I thought that with Samsung phones, differences between firmware for all of the different variants of a phone could potentially cause issues including network function.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have the N985FXXS3DUG8 with Binary 3 and Android 11. And i guess is the version of Android that i cant access to m network features
Is that what came on the phone or you flashed it to that ?

International version have unlocked bootloader which allows them to flash different regions and if u have different firmware from your regionmight not work in your region

MNMobileGuy

Banned
Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I thought that with Samsung phones, differences between firmware for all of the different variants of a phone could potentially cause issues including network function.
That makes no logical sense. Why would Samsung make any changes between firmware versions that would prohibit or restrict cellular capability? It's assumed that cellular function would be usable on any firmware version, just like any other function of a mobile device

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That makes no logical sense. Why would Samsung make any changes between firmware versions that would prohibit or restrict cellular capability? It's assumed that cellular function would be usable on any firmware version, just like any other function of a mobile device

I would agree that it doesn't make a lot of sense, but I believe that can be the case. mustang7757 is more familiar with this than I am.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Is Frija the same as Odin? By the way i have another Note 20, is it possible to do a backup of the firmware and install it on the phone that doesnt have network connection?
Frija tool is for download firmware to your computer

Odin is a tool to put the firmware in to flash to the phone.

What do you want back up ?
You can use Smart Switch on the PC

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37