I dont receive messages from blue doted contacts. There is a blue dot or others have called it a notification dot next to peoples pictures on my messaging app. I dont receive messages from those people until I send one. Then I get all their messages at once. Other contacts do not have dots and I receive messages right away. One blue dot is on the same phone plan and I do not revieve messages. There is another phone on my plan that I get messages right away. Please help me fix this!!!!!
    11-17-2021 02:09 AM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which phone do you have? Do you have an option to turn on RCS (aka Chat Features) in your Messages app settings?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-17-2021 03:01 AM
    I have a galaxy J7 on consumer cellular. There is a Rich Communication service that i can turn off and on. Then there is a default messaging type that can be changed to 'automatic', 'text/multimedia msgs', and 'chat messages'.
    11-17-2021 04:23 AM
    Try turning off the Rich Communication messages and see if people can reach you with it turned off. Just to test it.
    11-17-2021 05:05 AM
    I have a galaxy J7 on consumer cellular. There is a Rich Communication service that i can turn off and on. Then there is a default messaging type that can be changed to 'automatic', 'text/multimedia msgs', and 'chat messages'.
    Welcome to AC!

If you like to show a screenshot just block personal information.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=413366
    11-17-2021 07:58 AM
    Open settings, notifications, select your message app and confirm that they are allowed. Good luck
    11-17-2021 09:30 AM
    Is RCS on, and is the Chat Messages feature on? If not, then make sure they're turned on.

Also, did you recently switch from a previous phone to this one?
    11-17-2021 12:40 PM
    Turning off the rich communication service fixed it!
    B. Diddy likes this.
    11-19-2021 03:55 AM
    Ok, good to hear. However, RCS is really useful to have if the other person has it on as well (it gives you a lot of "iMessage"-like features). If you recently moved from a different phone, then it may be that you didn't deactivate RCS on that older phone first: https://www.howtogeek.com/701714/psa...0any%20worries.
    11-19-2021 09:19 AM
    This just literally happened one day. Nothing changed except i stoped getting messages all of a sudden. Im thinking something auto updated cause I've never seen that setting before and didnt really know what it did. But now I know!
    11-21-2021 02:41 AM