My autofill has stopped working, when I go to a website text box and start to type email or passwords or card info.
    I can see the information is saved and appears in drop down but cannot select anything.
    11-19-2021 07:12 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! Which device, and which browser?

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    11-19-2021 07:29 PM
    Knowing the device is important to suggest something
    11-19-2021 08:38 PM
    Using a Poco x3
    11-19-2021 09:03 PM
    Hi, can anyone help me?

My autofill from Google/chrome is not working. If I try type into a text box for email/password/card I get the saved info drop down, however I cannot select anything.
    I'm using poco X3
    I have checked the autofill is on in settings, langue and input.

Also reset my cache for Chrome in chrome setting also.

Nothing works.
    Attached Thumbnails How to fix autofill not working?-email.jpg  
    11-19-2021 09:14 PM
    Does this persist in Safe Mode? https://www.androidsettings.net/xiao...pro-safe-mode/. If not, then something you installed may be causing a screen overlay issue: https://www.howtogeek.com/271519/how...or-on-android/
    11-21-2021 09:35 PM
    Hi, can anyone help me?

My autofill from Google/chrome is not working. If I try type into a text box for email/password/card I get the saved info drop down, however I cannot select anything.
    I'm using poco X3
    I have checked the autofill is on in settings, langue and input.

Also reset my cache for Chrome in chrome setting also.

Nothing works.
    Try turning auto fill off then back on again. If that doesn't work turn auto fill off, restart your phone, then turn it on again.
    11-21-2021 11:35 PM
    Xiaomi Poco X3 running MIUI Android 11.
    On a webpage with a text entry box (search for items on site, etc). I get the usual drop-down list of previous search terms and I certainly used to be able to touch on one and have it used.
    For the last few days I get the usual dropdown list but cannot actually select anything!
    It certainly happens on Brave browser and on Chrome.
    I can still paste from the Gboard clipboard and use suggestions from Gboard.
    The missus has exactly the same phone and that has no issues.
    Weird.
    Does anyone have any ideas?
    As far as I know. I've not changed any settings
    11-22-2021 04:33 AM
    Hi there, it is worth clearing the cache on both browsers. Go to settings,apps, browser name, storage and clear cache. Force stop and then see if it works.

Please register for an account so we can help you further. With a guest account, you can’t reply. Thanks. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    J Dubbs likes this.
    11-22-2021 06:36 AM
    Duplicate (or at least similar) threads merged.
    11-22-2021 11:18 PM
    Hi
    I am having this issue as well. Using Realme 6 Pro and Android 11.
    I can see all my auto fill options, but when tapping them they are completely unresponsive and will not populate any forms.
    I use Google and Chrome and this happens on all sites.
    Has only been an issue for about 2 weeks, but I can't identify any changes made that may have caused it.

I have tried suggestions above to no avail.

All help greatly appreciated.
    Thanks
    11-25-2021 03:41 AM
    I've been in touch with Xiaomi support on Twitter (@XiaomiSupport). The best they would come up with was try forcing the latest update to reinstall:
    "Go to Settings - about the phone - MIUI version - click on the three points on the top left and "download the latest package". Download and install it
    Once the download is finished, it will tell you to restart the device.
    Test if this works better."

It didn't for me 🙁

The next level was the nuclear factory settings option 💣 but that was tempered a little later by the suggestion to: "submit your demand through Feedback & Suggestion (Settings >> Feedback & Suggestion), and wait for the future update. Xiaomi technical staff will continuously optimize and update our system and products according to the feedback. Please wait patiently." (They say)

If there's any more change I'll post an update. Similar, if anyone else comes up with anything then please do share.

TTFN
    11-29-2021 03:07 PM
    The problem is with update 12.5.4.0.

I was lucky enough to have two Poco X3 NFC (mine and my wife). She started complaining about this autofill problem. My phone was working fine. After comparing settings, I noticed her phone had updated to 12.5.4.0. Mine was still on 12.5.3 or whatever the previous official release was. I proceeded to update my phone to 12.5.4.0 like hers and sure enough, my autofill also stopped working. So the bug was introduced with that update.
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-05-2021 08:44 PM
    Go to settings>in top search bar type auto correct service then tap> tap Google >gear hog tap see if these are toggle on How to fix autofill not working?-screenshot_20211205-205041_google-20play-20services.jpg
    12-05-2021 08:53 PM
    Yes, my settings match yours.

As stated, the problem is not with the settings. It was working, I updated to 12.5.4.0 and bam, no longer works. Nothing was done in between these steps. Test autofill, works. Update to 12.5.4.0. Test autofill upon the very next reboot, not working anymore. You can't have it more clean and clear as this. This update is the culprit.
    12-05-2021 09:33 PM
    Yes, my settings match yours.

As stated, the problem is not with the settings. It was working, I updated to 12.5.4.0 and bam, no longer works. Nothing was done in between these steps. Test autofill, works. Update to 12.5.4.0. Test autofill upon the very next reboot, not working anymore. You can't have it more clean and clear as this. This update is the culprit.
    Which update your referring to? 12.5.4.0
    12-05-2021 09:36 PM
    If this is happening in chrome with new update, long press chrome app then tap info>tap 3 dots upper right corner and uninstall the update and dont let play store automatically update and test if its ok .
    12-05-2021 10:05 PM
    The issue is present despite having tried 3 different browsers.
    12-06-2021 09:39 AM
    The issue is present despite having tried 3 different browsers.
    Try what i mentioned in chrome and let me know.
    12-06-2021 11:29 AM
    Wow. The Chrome tip worked. Why is the issue present in other apps if it's a Chrome bug?
    12-06-2021 02:43 PM
    Wow. The Chrome tip worked. Why is the issue present in other apps if it's a Chrome bug?
    Other browser use chromium/chrome
    https://www.computerworld.com/articl...explained.html
    J Dubbs likes this.
    12-06-2021 02:57 PM
    I can confirm Chrome and other Chrome based browsers, e.g. Brave browser, don't play nice with Android 11, certainly on a Xiaomi Poco 3 NFC where it is MIUI 12.5.4.

Chrome
    * Autofill broken
    * Uninstalled update
    * Autofill worked
    * Reinstalled update
    * Autofill broke again
    * Uninstalled update and turned off auto update in Google Play
    * Autofill now working

Brave
    * Autofill broken
    * Uninstalled Brave
    * Found earlier stable version on apkmirror.com and side loaded.
    * Turned off auto update in Google Play
    * Autofill now working

Xiaomi aware via Twitter @XiaomiSupport and I am led to believe a security update will be issued at some time in the indeterminate future.
    12-07-2021 05:29 PM