Why is my Pixel 6 not working with my Wireless Car charging pad?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I have the Nalwort Wireless Car Charger 15W Qi Fast Charge in my car .
It worked great with my Pixel 5. When I place the Pixel 6 on it, the battery % opens up, but it is not charging (with and without the case). Any idea why?

TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! When you say the battery % opens up, do you mean the charging initiation indicator in the center of the screen?
@mustang7757 BTW, OP mentioned that they tried with and without the case.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah, I was wondering that as well, but if the charging initiation animation is showing up (i.e., the battery percentage in the middle of the screen), that would suggest it's in the right place.
I seen that happen with my Samsung wireless charger it would show charging then stop and had to reposition it .

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I was the original poster. Guess I was not logged into my account :)

I tried with and without the case. When it drops into the holder, it clamps shut and shows the battery percent for a second.

The battery charge in the upper corner seems to show charging, but it is only losing battery charge, plus it does not say "Charging wirelessly" at the bottom like it normally would on my home wireless charger.

When I plug directly into the USB-C cable, it says "Charging Rapidly"

I guess nobody has seen this before?

Does anybody know what Car Wireless chargers will work with the P6?

TIA

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Instead of letting it clamp shut, can you try holding the phone against charger with your hand, so that you can move it around in case you need to more accurately locate where the sweet spot is?

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Instead of letting it clamp shut, can you try holding the phone against charger with your hand, so that you can move it around in case you need to more accurately locate where the sweet spot is?

IT automatically clamps when plugged in. It is always resting on the shelf in the unit. Why would it show the Battery % if it was not in the correct place?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's briefly showing the charging animation as the charging coil is in the right place, but then when it clamps into place, the coil is actually not quite in the right location.

Is it a magnetic clamp?

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm wondering if it's briefly showing the charging animation as the charging coil is in the right place, but then when it clamps into place, the coil is actually not quite in the right location.

Is it a magnetic clamp?

It uses power from CLA to close when the mat is touched. Here is the full description from Amazon. It was great with my Pixel 5. I have tried to move it around a bit, but no success. Is the Qi tech in the Pixel 6 located higher on the unit than the Pixel 5?

Nalwort Wireless Car Charger 15W Qi Fast Charge with Metal Frame Dashboard and Air Vent Phone Holder Auto Clamping Wireless Car Charger Mount Compatible for iPhone 11/XR/X, Samsung S20/S10 and More

dmiller440

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site