I want to back up my S8 as a precaution to my PC but I find that plugging it into my computer and trying to even just browse takes forever don't even try copying. Is this just how Android phones are designed, plugging it into my PC has it be treated as a Phone/Camera instead of a Mass Storage device
    11-30-2021 11:15 PM
    Welcome to Android Central! That's not a good way of backing up your phone, because the USB connection won't allow the PC to see system directories -- only user data directories. In order to backup the entire phone including system files, you'd need to root the phone first, then use an app like Titanium Backup.

In general, backing up to the cloud using Google's own backup system will be safer (assuming you're not the kind of person who distrusts the cloud). Keep in mind that backing up locally to a PC relies on that PC and its drive remaining intact, but of course mishaps can happen with computers.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/as...community.html
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-30-2021 11:37 PM
    Use Samsung smart switch for pc as back up tool
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    11-30-2021 11:39 PM
    Use Samsung smart switch for pc as back up tool
    Derp, I shoulda thought of that myself!
    mustang7757 likes this.
    11-30-2021 11:40 PM