Why is my phone flickering and clicking on stuffs itself

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My phone got into our water closet in the toilet accidentally. I pulled it out and noticed it started flickering. I then tried to restart it but it didn't stop. Afterwards I removed the back cover and tried drying it up for some minutes. I switched it on again and it seemed like the flickering stopped and the phone was alright. However I still opened the back cover to dry it properly. It was fine for quite a period of time but suddenly the flickering resumed.. I don't know what to do right now

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
Turn it off, pull the back cover off, pull out the battery and use a hair dryer on low heat for at least 15 minutes (the longer the better) drying the insides out. Then do the same for the battery. Then put it back together and cross your fingers ;)

You should of never turned it back on once it got wet until it was totally dried. Turning wet devices on and charging them is usually what does most of the damage unfortunately :-\

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I am surprised that you are surprised by this. Water, and any impact against the hard surface of the lavatory pan, are both likely to cause damage to an electronic instrument. No?