TECNO Spark 8P home buttons get pressed even when not tapping/hitting them

Dezso3

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I just bought a TECNO Spark 8P. It seems to be a nice phone. At the store, they asked if I wanted a screen protector on it, so I told them yes. Afterwards, when I started using the phone, when I would hold the bottom of the phone with my right hand, with the right part of my hand against the bottom right side of the phone, and my middle and index fingers and pinky resting on the left bottom side of the phone, if I would just squeeze the side of the phone slightly, the middle (Home) and left (Overview/Recent) button would inadvertently get pressed, and my phone would either return to the home screen, or the Digital Assistant would pop up. This is very annoying because even if I am just trying to type something, many times the phone "jumps" back to the home screen without warning, and I have to start all over again. Sometimes if I touch the screen protector on the left side of the phone, it will react in the same manner. I took the phone to the store I bought it from, but they told me that there is nothing wrong with the phone, but it seems that they are in denial. What could be causing this problem?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
It sounds to me like something is definitely wrong. Can you try adjusting the touchscreen sensitivity? Though I doubt that it is that. Whether it is the screen protector causing trouble, I don’t know. The only way to find out, assuming that you cannot adjust the touch sensitivity successfully, or at all, would be to remove it.

Who are these people, who tell you that nothing is wrong with a phone behaving as you describe? Do they say that you are using it wrong, and if so, how?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
A poorly fitting or low quality screen protector could cause issues with phantom touches (or decreased sensitivity to touches). I'd take the screen protector off and see if the problem persists.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis