Why is my nexus 7 2nd Gen tablet recognizing ReadEra sync files as malware?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

When I leave a new bookmark from reading in Readera it is supposed to transfer to my other tablets that are logged in with the same username. It will not sync with the other tablets because it believes the sync file is malware.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You say other tablets so what happens if you initiate on one of those, does this tab get the sync?

I'd say disable whatever you're using for security as those types of apps often give false positive readings on everyday things that are safe or useful. If you're not willing to give it up perhaps try to whitelist the item or apps so that it stops falsely identifying them.

twothousandten

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
I am using Nortons 360. I use it on everything. I did shut it down to see if I could get Readera to work, but it didn't make a difference
I actually have two Nexus 7 2nd gen tablets. The one tablet that appears to have no issues is my Samsung tab s5e. It syncs on it, but the sync doesn't reach the other tablets because they can't sync.
I do know that there was only one time that the sync worked and when I got on my Samsung tablet and went to Readera and opened the ebook it showed that the book mark on another device showed a different page and asked if I wanted to go to it. I did and it took me to the proper location in the ebook.
I will try uninstalling Nortons and open the security on the Nexus tables and see if that makes a difference.
Let me remind you that it does work on the Samsung and Nortons is installed on it too.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
It might have to do with how outdated the 2013 Nexus 7 is -- I think it stopped at Marshmallow, right? It's possible that Norton isn't working quite right due to the old OS version.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781