Can't restore "Just once, always", go-to troubleshooting no longer works, help - Android, OnePlus 6

Lilly9096

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
Can't restore "Just once, always", go-to troubleshooting no longer works, help - Android, OnePlus 6

Today I made the mistake of hitting "always" and now I can't reset back to "just once, always". I have tried ALL the normal/usual tricks (that I know of) which usually work quickly and easily, however when I go into the apps: google, chrome, brave the 'clear default' button is greyed out on all.

I have done a reset of all apps, I have cleared cache, storage, restarted phone, but the functionality that was once available is no longer visible. In the google 'open by default' I changed links to "ask every time", and "don't allow app to open link" cleared cache restarted and nothing.

In fact, when I go into brave and chrome, under advance, the ability to clear defaults doesn't even exist anymore. It just says "browser app" and yes.

So I am a bit stuck. I am on Oxygen 11.1.2.2
Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Can't restore "Just once, always", go-to troubleshooting no longer works, help - Android, OnePlu

Welcome to Android Central! When you say you did a reset of all apps, do you mean that you went to the App Drawer, tapped Menu, then Reset All App Preferences? (This option can be found in different places depending on the device, so you can also try searching for it in the system settings.)

Lilly9096

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site
Re: Can't restore "Just once, always", go-to troubleshooting no longer works, help - Android, OnePlu

Yes, thank you for asking. I did and I went through systems settings ( apps & notifications > see all apps (because when I went into individual apps (as I mentioned nothing there) > three dots > reset app preferences (which did nothing) . I have been hunting for anything. It is the absolute strangest thing. I am really at a loss.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site

Where did you tap the Always choice? What action were you completing at the time, using which app?

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site

Welcome to the forums. Not sure when but they changed the way to reset defaults for browsers. Install a new browser app and see if you get that selection menu again.

Lilly9096

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site

when I was choosing a browser to read an article i have picked when scrolling though 'Discover'. I bookmark to Brave so that is why the choice is so handy.

Lilly9096

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site

thank you. Do you mean reinstalling Brave or a brand new one that I don't have already. I am not the savviest here so (upfront) thank you for the guidance.

Lilly9096

Jan 9, 2022
Visit site

And there we have it.....:) I just installed FireFox and that seemed to have done the trick. Thank you so much. I can't tell you how much I appreciate your support. I NEVER EVER EVER would have figured that one out. I don't understand the change at all, but if that is all i need to do, until they change it again without providing any user support, I am very happy. Thank you again.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davisongeorge