I have a Samsung galaxy s20 and the internal storage is filling up. I recently bought a new sansdisk 128gb micro sd card for my phone. Is it safe to move some of my photo albums to the sd card?
    If I move photos from the camera album to one of those albums using the gallery app will they move to that album in the sd card?
    Will this affect my photos being backed up to both One drive and Google Photos?
    Is there any risk of losing these photos on the sd card? When I get a new phone can I just put in the sd card and the photo albums will still be there?
    01-10-2022 01:30 PM
    I wouldn't use the move command, especially if transferring large quantities of files. Use the copy command, paste new copies to the SD card, then delete the files from internal storage. That way if something glitches, you don't lose everything. It also wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the card before deleting originals to make sure you don't delete the new ones by mistake.

Typically, if you want to transfer an entire album (the Android equivalent of a file folder), you would long press the album in the app's overview screen, then select COPY in the menu. Go to the SD card in the gallery app, select PASTE, and it should create a new album/folder with the same name and put all the photos in it. You'll need to do this with each album individually. If you can tether to a PC, you could use its file explorer to do this quicker if you have nested albums. Copy and paste the top level folder of a group, and it'll copy the sub-folders as well.

The backup services should auto detect any new albums and ask you if you want to back them up. If they were already backed up from the originals, approving this could result in duplicates in your backups.

There's always a risk off data loss, regardless of the storage medium. SD cards are more prone to corruption than internal storage, but can last a lot time with proper treatment. Probably the biggest killer of them is excessive data writing. They are best used in a write once/read many fashion. Try to avoid deleting and adding photos if you can. I've only had one SD card fail on me using this approach, and that card lasted at least 8 years across multiple phones. In my photography work, I wait until I need more space on my cards, then I'll do a quick reformat, rather than deleting everything because a reformat isn't actually deleting all the data.

I'll leave a Link to register so you can communicate here, As a guest account you can only post questions but can't reply
    https://forums.androidcentral.com/sh...d.php?t=409154
    mustang7757 and B. Diddy like this.
    01-10-2022 02:20 PM
    You can also enable Google photos to back up your camera roll or One Drive.
    01-10-2022 03:20 PM