Suddenly, no photos are showing up in the main Photos tab in the Photos app on my Pixel. It literally says "No photos". I'm logged into the correct account, the photos show up in the folders in the Library tab, where it says they're backed up, and when I check photos.google.com on a desktop they're there, but they don't show up in the main Photos tab in the default Android app. Tried reopening app, restarting phone and clearing Photos cache. Anything else I should try short of another restore?

Edit: they reappeared immediately after I sent feedback on the issue via the app... go figure...
    belodion and B. Diddy like this.
    01-11-2022 10:54 PM
    You got punk'd by Google.
    chawke likes this.
    01-15-2022 01:23 PM
    Issue has happened again, except it doesn't say No Photos this time. In the Photos tab, all I can see where there should be photos is a random date a few weeks back although my most recent photos were taken yesterday. When I hold down on the date it apparently selects 5 photos that are nonetheless invisible in this area (see attached screenshot).

The photos are still in the Library tab, and when I log into Photos on desktop, all photos seem intact in the Cloud (and indeed, on desktop Cloud I can see the 5 photos taken on the aforementioned random date).

It's just the Photos tab in the Photos app that's gone wonky so seems it might be an interface/UI issue. Tried clearing cache and restarting phone. Who can figure out how to get the photos to reappear?

Photos app: "No photos"-screenshot_20220331-123015.jpg
    03-31-2022 11:40 AM
    Did you also clear the app data for Google Photos? (Since all of your photos are either backed up to the cloud already or locally saved to the /DCIM/Camera directory, clearing the app data won't harm anything.)
    chawke and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-31-2022 03:01 PM
    Did you also clear the app data for Google Photos? (Since all of your photos are either backed up to the cloud already or locally saved to the /DCIM/Camera directory, clearing the app data won't harm anything.)
    Did Settings > Apps > Photos > Storage & cache > Manage space > Delete. That seemed to do the trick, all seems intact. I exported a backup beforehand just in case. Thanks for the suggestion.

Now to preventing it to begin with... For now, reporting to Google is the best I've done for that.
    B. Diddy and Laura Knotek like this.
    03-31-2022 05:03 PM