Can I hear the ringtone currently used for a contact?

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can set ringtones for each contact. I just wanted to see what I have now to decide whether or not to change them. Can't find any info about this.

Bob Smith35

Jan 14, 2022
Visit site
I have a Google Pixel 3A, but I can't do this on a Motorola Moto Pure either. Both have Android 12.

What I'm trying to do is hear the ringtone that is currently being used for a contact. The phone ringtone says what it currently is, so I can click that item off the ringtones list to hear it, but I can't find a place in the contact menu that shows the name of the contact ringtone.

Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I have a Google Pixel 3A, but I can't do this on a Motorola Moto Pure either. Both have Android 12.

What I'm trying to do is hear the ringtone that is currently being used for a contact. The phone ringtone says what it currently is, so I can click that item off the ringtones list to hear it, but I can't find a place in the contact menu that shows the name of the contact ringtone.

Thanks
Welcome to AC!
So if you go to contact app and choose a contact in the upper right corner 3 dots tap then choose ringtone for that contact.

My screenshotScreenshot_20220114-223813~2.jpg