I accidently deleted some pictures from my DCIM folder while connected to my laptop via usb

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

the photos are not in the recycle bin of the laptop or in the recycle bin of the phone... is there any way to recover those pictrues because they are important for my work

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
You can check the trash folder of your file manager app but it likely only references things it deletes. Look for an app on your device called My Files, Files or File Manager. Then navigate until you find trash.

There is a chance that the files still exist where you got them from. So if you emailed them to yourself, texted or other message type, they may still be there and are not visible because its like they were never downloaded to your device so check that route too.

They won't be on your PC because they were on external memory and were never downloaded to your PC there is no image to restore them from but since you're familiar with connecting via USB and accessing folders you could try an app like Rcuvva. There are others online but Rcuvva is free and has a good reputation online. Download the program to your PC and direct it at the storage on your phone. You'll probably have better luck the more precisely you can aim it at where the files were stored. So rather than just pointing it at Junky's S21/ if you could direct it to Junky's S21/DCIM/Headshots that might be better. A while back I lost some stuff and found a list of 8 similar programs to Rcuvva. 3 of them found the files I had lost. 2 of them would only give me downgraded watermarked versions that I could upgrade at cost and the last wanted to send a copy of the drive to a cloud service before returning a full use version.

Let us know what you find so we can share it with the community.

Best wishes